The Learning Shop Training and Recruitment Specialist
The Learning Shop is a unique partnership between the Department For Work and Pensions, North Kent College and Bluewater. Established in 1999 and focusing on employability within the local community, The Learning Shop specialises in retail and offers many services including:
- The official site for retail jobs in Bluewater
- Customer Service Training.
- Support with C.V Writing.
- Support with Retail Interview Techniques.
- Leadership Development Training, This includes Change Management, Empowerment, Coaching & Motivating your Team and Management VS Leadership.
- Visual Merchandising in Modern Retailing this is a three day course which you can complete it in the running week or split it up over the next few running dates.
- Bespoke Training, we can write a programme specifically for you.
Learning Shop Courses
Short Courses & Employment Training
The Learning Shop has a fantastic range of 2 hour short courses, covering subjects such as
Customer Service , How to exceed the customers expectations.
Communication, In this section we focus on body language.
Team Work, We look at the importance of team work and specific team roles.
Customer Special Requirements, Here we look at various customer types such as mobility the elderly children, disabilities and cultural differences.
Dealing with Problems & Complaints, This section focuses on negotiations and de-escalating situations.
First Impressions, This section includes making the most of the first three seconds with your customer.
Customer Types, Here we focus on the three types of customer.
Bridging The Gap This is a 2 hour 8 week tailored programme for young adults preparing them for employment. Content includes School VS Work, Misconduct, Gross Misconduct, C.V Writing, Interview Techniques, Identifying Expectations, Time Keeping, Communication, Customer Types, Career Paths, Personal Strenths and Weaknesses, Team Work, Personal Effectiveness, and an Introduction to Employment.