Latest News & Events
We are seeking a driven and customer focused receptionist to join our team.
Apply here: Receptionist – The Learning Shop
Visual Merchandising course in March
- Beach vibes in a Children’s store VM set
- Summer vibes in a Festival themed VM set
- “Young at Heart” set is promoting merchandise for mature adults
Success story of Ekaterina
After completing 3 of our training programmes Ekaterina secured a Visual Merchandiser position with Uniqlo in Bluewater.
A successful morning at St George’s Church of England School in Gravesend
Talking to students about employability
The Learning Shop Training and Recruitment Specialist
The Learning Shop is a unique partnership between the Department For Work and Pensions, North Kent College and Bluewater. Established in 1999 and focusing on employability within the local community, The Learning Shop specialises in retail and offers many services including:
- The official site for retail and catering jobs in Bluewater
- Visual Merchandising in Modern Retail
- C.V Writing Support and Guidance
- Support with Interview Techniques – first impressions, communication
- Pre-Employment training courses – teamwork, communication, interview techniques etc.
- Customer Service Training – customer types, special requirements, dealing with problems and complaints
- Bespoke Training – we can write a programme specifically for you; providing tailored training to your employees
- Bridging the Gap – This is a tailored programme for young adults preparing them for employment. Content includes School VS Work, Misconduct, Gross Misconduct, C.V Writing, Interview Techniques, Identifying Expectations, Time Keeping, Communication, Customer Types, Career Paths, Personal Strenths and Weaknesses, Team Work, Personal Effectiveness, and an Introduction to Employment.