Latest News & Events
Drop in CV writing session – 14th December 2016!
1pm – 4:30pm at The Learning Shop, Bluewater
Be able to access your CV on email or by other means online! (Our PCs cannot open USB devices, apologies for any inconvenience caused)
If you don’t have a CV and want to write one – you will need a CV Support appointment, click here to find out more
New course for school leavers!
Bridging the Gap – a tailored programme for young adults (15+ yrs); preparing them for employment. Content includes: School VS Work, Misconduct, Gross Misconduct, C.V Writing, Interview Techniques, Identifying Expectations, Time Keeping, Communication, Customer Types, Career Paths, Personal Strengths and Weaknesses, Team Work, Personal Effectiveness, and an Introduction to Employment.
The Learning Shop Training and Recruitment Specialist
The Learning Shop is a unique partnership between the Department For Work and Pensions, North Kent College and Bluewater. Established in 1999 and focusing on employability within the local community, The Learning Shop specialises in retail and offers many services including:
- The official site for retail and catering jobs in Bluewater
- Visual Merchandising in Modern Retail
- C.V Writing Support and Guidance
- Support with Interview Techniques – first impressions, communication
- Pre-Employment training courses – teamwork, communication, interview techniques etc.
- Customer Service Training – customer types, special requirements, dealing with problems and complaints
- Bespoke Training – we can write a programme specifically for you; providing tailored training to your employees
- Bridging the Gap – This is a 2 hour 8 week tailored programme for young adults preparing them for employment. Content includes School VS Work, Misconduct, Gross Misconduct, C.V Writing, Interview Techniques, Identifying Expectations, Time Keeping, Communication, Customer Types, Career Paths, Personal Strenths and Weaknesses, Team Work, Personal Effectiveness, and an Introduction to Employment.