Bluewater Job Fair 2017
Another successful year with over 4000 interviews conducted,
over 942 Job Offers, Second Interviews and Work Trials offered on the day.
On 14th and 15th September 2017 Bluewater and The Learning Shop brought back the highly successful Job Fair for its sixth consecutive year. For the first time the event took place over two days offering 300 jobs across Leisure & Hospitality on Thursday and a further 1,800 positions in Retail on Friday.
This year Bluewater Job Fair offered a huge variety of roles, including management positions at over 60 of Bluewater’s leading retailers and restaurants. More than 4000 interviews were conducted over the two days and total of 942 job offers, job trials and second interviews were offered to candidates – 701 of them were offers for positions in Retail and 241 for positions in Leisure & Hospitality.
Highlights from both days:
- John Lewis invited 125 candidates back to the store, on the day, for assessments for their Christmas roles – 70% of these getting through to the next and final stage
- JD Sports interviewed over 500 people, booking people to second interviews and even starting 7 candidates the next day in the store
- Pizza Express gave 5 job offers on the day
- Zara made 4 jobs offers on the day
- Showcase Cinema invited 40 people for second interviews
- Boots are arranging 150 second interviews
MP for Dartford, Gareth Johnson and Mayor of Dartford, Rosanna Currans visited the event on Friday alongside Bluewater’s General Manager, Robert Goodman and Howard Noble, Customer Service Leader in Kent, Department for Work and Pensions.
The number of people who have benefited since the Fair’s inception is a testament to the great work by the team at The Learning Shop and Bluewater. I would like to wish all the hopeful candidates the very best of luck when applying for positions.” Gareth Johnson, MP